Pages

Thursday, March 26, 2020

My Morning Fly fish


 Image result for fly fishing

Hi this is my story it all happened on 25 March 2020.

 Morning Fly Fish

 At 9:00 my mum, my brother and I went fly fishing at the Groynes. First we set the rods up and tied the fly on, then we went to choose our spots. The water was crystal clear and we started casting. My mum spotted movement in the water. Could it be a fish? It was a fish so i came over and casted there but I scared the fish, i recasted and the fish came back! All of a sudden we saw it nibbling on something then we realised it was nibbling on my fly! So i striked and hooked the fish. I started to bring him in but then my line broke! and the fish swam away. I was very annoyed that the fish got away because that same thing happened last time. Anyway I got over it and just remembered that that is what happens sometimes, so we started fishing in a different pond. I started casting and then I saw a huge fish! The fish then swam away. I couldn't see the fish but I still casted. I decided to move around the corner then I saw a little rainbow trout but he was too tricky.

It was  really fun fly fishing at the groynes its really nice to see fish swimming around in the ponds and trying to catch them.
Have you ever tried fly fishing?
Have you ever caught a fish before?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Hamish, gee you really displayed perseverance in your fly fishing experience at the Groynes! Im impressed how you remained positive and kept on trying. I haven't done any fishing ever but I love hearing about your attempts, thankyou!

    ReplyDelete


To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post